Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Feet Are So Sore, But My Heart Is So Happy

Number of hours we stood in line: 3.5
Cost of 2 cookbooks: $65
Number of blocks that the line wrapped around: 3-4
Number of screaming kids that their moms dragged along to stand in line: Way too many
Getting to say I saw and talked to Giada de Laurentiis: Priceless

Me & Marisa waiting...really glad that I had someone to geek out with - that made it way more fun



This is when we rounded the corner and were in the home-stretch...




This was really the only disappointing part. Giada was so nice to talk to - but her handlers and the security team were absolute nazis. No posed pics with Giada (majorly bummed about that one), no flash (in a poorly lit space), and you could only take a picture of her once she had signed your book and you were ushered to the side of the store, behind a blue tape line with people jostling into you. See that lady in the pink shirt? She was not nice, and acted like she totally didn't want to be there. I would've loved her job!! Unfortunately, this was the best shot I got...hopefully Marisa got a better one. We'll see. But who cares, really? I stinking got to talk to her, and I definitely won't forget that!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! Wow, that is dedication, to bad nazi lady was hating life that day! Your pictures are great and it is nearly impossible to get a good shot in low lighting without a mac daddy camera. You can totally tell it is her, so you aren't lying!