Friday, October 5, 2007

New Favorite?

I've mentioned before that I'm not on the forefront of new things... it takes a little bit of watching and waiting to see if they pan out before I take the plunge. TV shows fall into that category, especially since we got cable when all the series were ending last season, I really felt out of the loop. Mostly what I watch is on cable - lots of TCL and Food Network, and I get my dose of reality (or lack thereof) TV by watching Lauren and the girls on The Hills. If my TV received only those two channels, I could make it. I'm not a fan of too many of the shows on ABC, NBC, you know the main channels...I think they had their heyday when I was in high school and you had the good version of ER with George Clooney, Seinfeld, Friends, Mad About You, and a super stellar cast on SNL. Anymore, a lot of the shows are just plain trashy to me, or interest me.

All that to say, I was channel surfing last night and landed on NBC at 8:30PM on 30 Rock. I'd obviously heard about it for awhile, but knew nothing about it, except that it won the Emmy for best comedy, so I decided to watch until the first commercial. Well, I watched the whole darn thing and laughed a lot during it. I think I'll tune in next week. What really surprised me though was Tina Fey, aka Liz Lemon - she is so watchable!! And cute. And smart. And witty. I think she may be my new favorite sitcom lady. I haven't had one of those since Jennifer Aniston. Huh.


And since I'm on the topic of TV, I must say that on The Hills, Elodie was absolutely amazing and got hers in the end over Heidi. I wish I had that kind of guts!!

1 comments:

lorieloo said...

YEah, you're kind of freaking me out.

A grown women who loves the Hills as much as I do?

A women who could survive on TLC and food network?

And seriously, I didn't even have to read any of your posts, I just read your blog title and knew I liked you.

Red geraniums are my FAVORITE. Well, okay, they're probably tied with hydrangeas. But pretty much anything red makes me happy.

So hello internet twin.
Nice to meet you.
My mom even was even weirded out by reading your blog and seeing how similar we are!=)

And 30 Rock is AWESOME. It took me until half way through last season to finally like it, but I'm hooked.
And give the Office a shot. That and Grey's Anatomy are my top 2 favorites.